twitterator!

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 11, 2009

    Mmm!

    "The only thing worse than not knowing is you thinking that I don't know." - Fallout Boy, 7 Minutes In Heaven

    HAI PEEPS.
    Anyway. I really really want to write about my devotion onnnn Friday night. ;p
    I know some of you guys won't want to read this. but I'm writing it anyway.
    HAHA.
    Okay, so I've been a very good girl, doing my devotion everyday since camp. Go me! On Friday night, I thought, okay, I'll just flip to some random page and start reading.
    So I started reading Job.
    I came to the chapter where Job was comparing his life from when God was with him and when God "abandoned" him. He was bragging, all "Ohh I have done so many good things, the beggars and the blind loved me, I am pure and have never touched another woman other than my wife, I have always given my tithes, as well as money to the poor..." blablabla.
    I think that a lot of people find this bragging quality in Christians nowadays.
    Then Job went on, saying "But now God has left me! I don't know what I have done, I'm such a poor thing, I have done no wrong and yet God has abandoned me.." blablabla.
    ENDLESS BABBLE.

    Anyway, suddenly this YOUNG MAN named Elihu came onto the scene. I was like, I have never heard of this guy! Okay...
    He's sitting there listening to Job complain and complain and whinge and whine, and he eventually gets SO fed up that he stands up and whack Job nicely.

    "I'm a young man,
    and you are all old and experienced.
    That's why I kept quiet
    and held back from joining the discussion.
    I kept thinking,"Experience will tell
    The longer you live, the wiser you become."
    But I see I was wrong - it's God's Spirit in a person,
    the breath of the Almighty One, that makes wise human
    insight possible."

    Sooooo what I'm trying to say here as that, hey! Just coz we're young and naive, doesn't mean that we're more foolish or stupider than the older ones. Job was such an idiot, complaining about his life, blaming everyone else and God for his shortcomings. Then Elihu, this unknown, young man steps in and belasah's him.
    HAH!

    So that concludes my devotion. ;p Hopefully I'll keep getting cool stuff to tell you guys from the Bible!
    I just got back from jogging, so I'm dead tired.

    No comments: